• Any Registered names in the Forum containing Skype ID or any other Contact Information will be Deleted.Try to Register names that aren't contact details .
  • Please keep the forum free from abuse , we request you to be civil .
  • Post your Queries and Posts Under Appropriate categories ,inappropriate Threads and posts will be Moved to the particular Category .

Hunger LEGACY :: PASIYIN KODUMAI

Argus

IMG-20200519-WA0083.jpg
Remember the picture? The name of the picture was "The vulture & the little girl.
In the picture, a vulture is waiting for the death of a hungry little girl. Kevin Carter, a South African photojournalist, captured the March 1993 famine in Sudan. He was awarded the "Pulitzer Prize" for the film. But Katar committed suicide at the age of 33, despite receiving so much respect.
But what was the reason for suicide?
In fact, when he was busy celebrating such a great honor at the time, the news of his receiving the award was being shown on various TV channels, at that time someone asked in a phone interview what happened to the girl in the end?
Carter replied that he could not say because he was in a hurry to catch his flight.
"How many vultures were there?" He asked again.
"I think there was one," Carter said.
The man on the other end of the phone said, "I'm saying there were two vultures that day, one of them with a camera."
Realising the significance of these words, Carter became upset and eventually committed suicide.
It should be humane to get anything in any situation. Carter would be alive today if he had taken the starving baby to the United Mission's feeding center, which was only 1/2 mile away, where the baby might have been trying to reach.
Today, 26 years later, the vultures are still returning home from all over India with cameras in their hands, busy taking pictures of workers walking thousands of kilometers. There is no holding even after seeing the children.
These vultures are more concerned with gathering news, with increasing channel TRP, than with worrying about workers' deaths. They are busy collecting breaking news by pouring spices on the bodies of dead workers and children.

Kevin Carter had self-esteem, so he committed suicide. But the vultures named after this journalist are busy making breaking news with dignity.

Guys!! Your esteemed opinions on this please .... Still, there are 80% of children who were starving for their foods here in India too... ...

Will you once realise that situations in ur life of how the hunger will be ???

If u felt that hunger, then I will feel from your valuable comments !!!

THIRAVIYAM

Thiz famous picture is a eg of a great metaphor.Metaphor that drives animals (including social animals) to what end they can push their lives 4 sustainibility nd survival.

The boy in thiz picture (not a girl) iz called Kong Nyong. he survived until hiz 14 yearz and died in 2007 due to medical illness.you can read about him HERE.

And carter didnt commit suicide jzt coz of thiz incident.he cant live upto the expectationz of the fame what he achieved.nd being a wartime photographer and being a free lance photographer iz no walk in a piece of cake.u ve 2 bear with emotional trauma u face while each time the shutter opens and closes.itz becoz of these famous photograph which was taken by Carter that exposed the sudanese famine 2 the world and led 2 humanitarian crisis.he waz actually waiting for 20 mins 2 capture a shot so that the vulture will spread itz wings 2 feed on itz prey.but he made sure the vulture left by chasing it b4 leaving. you can read about him HERE.

so talking about the metaphor y is it a metaphor?it iz coz at one end the vulture iz waiting for itz prey to succumb 2 death in odar wordz to quench itz HUNGER....cant blame it..

in the other end the famine strickn baby iz striving hard to reach the UN food centre feets away from him to feed hiz HUNGER....

in the other end CARTER iz waiting for hiz perfect click a PRIMA FACIE which would change hiz journalistic career...in odar wordz hiz HUNGER for hiz future...to him what all matters iz a picture that would fetch him some recognition.

so all three have one thing in common...... HUNGER

IMHO
journalism iz not as easy as we think so...not all journalists exploit our emotional sense by taking such pics to get TRP ratings...As they do in reality TV shows...itz only becoz of them that we came to know abt the harsh reality of our so called superpower india ... A country whoz major powersource r those poor migrants.

They exposed us there iz a third class of people around us untill now which we are not aware of apart from WHITE COLLAR nd BLUE COLLAR ....

Persons without collar...yes ...u can see them while passing thro ur vechiles routinely but failed 2 recognize...waiters who serve u in hotels..
dhobis who launder our clothes...maids who does our household chores...cab drivers and autodrivers who come in handy when we wanna reach our destinations...porters in railwaystations who carry our luggages...sweepers who make our environment cleanly...masons who wrk in buildings...and numerous pple which we still are not aware of...AND WITH RESPECT THEY ARE NOT BEGGARS...many earn a decent salary as a daily wager nd many even save a handful for their family...

speaking of which coming to the question for which u seek an answer...YES... i ve felt hunger.....in college days while i waz in a mansion staying with 4 pple.nd i do knw hw hard it feels when u ve2 wake up in d middle of d night at 3am feeling hungry nd all u ve iz one RAW potatoe nd u boil it in a water bowl cut into four pieces and ve a piece each...truth be said it tasted like a MCD pizza (tho at that time i ve no idea wht a pizza iz)....a piece of boiled potatoe...newayz the next day we partied hard in a bar and ate till our tummies waz abt 2 explode ..

IT IZ WHEN U VE NOTHING AROUND YOU WILL KNOW THE VALUE OF SOMETHING WHICH YOU VE IN UR HAND...

in my case a piece of Boiled potatoe......

RATHER THAN WORRYING U VE A GLASS NOT FILLED WITH 3/4ths of WATER B CONTENT THAT IT IZ FILLED WITH 1/4th......

so on an end note do we really worry abt the 80% people starving for food and dying for HUNGER ?

not really ....we do really worry about the remaing 20%(including u nd me) and their HUNGER...

HUNGER for POWER.....POLITICIANS

HUNGER for MONEY....BUREAUCRATS

HUNGER for FAME ....ACTORS

HUNGER for SENSATIONAL NEWS...CORPORATE MEDIA

HUNGER for LOVE....MARRIAGE DATING RELATIONSHIPS etc etc

HUNGER for SEX nd LUST....WELL EVERYTHING LOL

until we quench the HUNGERS of these 20% we really cant quench the HUNGERS of the remaining 80%.

P.S:If i were left in a situation where i ve 2 compete with that poor lil boy in order to survive coz we both ve only one share of food for us to survive...Frankly i wouldnt care about that baby at that moment rather than my own survival...(SURVIVAL INSTINCT)...lol
1590614734749.png

Argus

Hmm got ur point... Nice form of hunger poem !!! I wrote like this for THIRST @ THAAGAM .... Yes, remaining 20% still looking for survival of the fittest !!! Field la erangi velai seiravanga romba kammi Dan... Yes , I had this hunger feel when I was in Kerala ... I tasted how the hunger feel was very bad and pathetic.... So, this post is an eye opener message for some ppl who are lavishly spend their money for their luxurious beings !!!