1. Any Registered names in the Forum containing Skype ID or any other Contact Information will be Deleted.Try to Register names that aren't contact details .
  2. Wanna be a PRO in the Chatroom ? How to become a PRO User
  3. Post your Queries and Posts Under Appropriate categories ,inappropriate Threads and posts will be Moved to the particular Category .
Dismiss Notice
Try to be Respectful towards other Members of the Forum , Forum la Abusive Language use panna Forum Account Tharkaligamaaga Suspend Seiyapadum or Ban/Delete Seiyapadum.

Rainmaking Machine

Insomniac Aug 2, 2017

1. Insomniac

Insomniac Administrator Staff Member

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]An engineer in the 1930's apparently created a "rainmaking machine", made it rain in several places and then disappeared without a trace.[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Juan Baigorri Velar (born 1891 in Concepción del Uruguay, Entre Rios - dead in 1972 in Buenos Aires) was an Argentine engineer known because of his claims to have invented "the rain-making machine."[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Son of a soldier, born in Concepción del Uruguay, and raised in Buenos Aires, Baigorri Velar studied at Colegio Nacional de Buenos Aires, went to Italy to study Engineering, and majored in Geophysics at the University of Milan. He worked for various fuel companies, and because of this traveled through several countries and conducted research on soil composition and oil exploration. He built his own instruments for detecting minerals and electromagnetic conditions in the ground. In 1929 he was summoned by Enrique Mosconi to form part of the newly created YPF. Baigorri traveled from the U.S. to settle permanently in Argentina.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]"The rainmaking machine" In the journal Crítica, the origin of his invention was given in a casual manner: In 1926, while searching for minerals using an apparatus of my invention in Bolivia, I noticed something curious. When I connected the mechanism and operated it, light rainfalls that prevented me from working occurred. I noticed this phenomenon and thought those light rainfalls could have been caused by the electromagnetic congestion that my machine's radiation produced in the atmosphere.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]He continued studying and perfecting his invention, to the extent of even moving away from his neighborhood in Caballito to prevent moisture from damaging his machines. The rain machine consisted of a box the size of a 14 inch TV, a battery, a combination of radioactive metals fortified by the addition of chemicals and two antennas, negative and positive. These antennas were responsible for directing electromagnetic emissions that caused the atmospheric congestion and rain.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]He appeared at the offices of the Central Argentine Railway, in order to publicize his machine and for people to give testament to its effectiveness. The company manager suggested he make it rain in Santiago del Estero, a province that at the time was going through one of its worst droughts in history. In November 1938, Baigorri traveled together with a representative of the company, Hugo Miatello, to the town of Pinto. According to Miatello, when the machine was turned on the wind changed direction, some clouds formed and twelve hours later it there was a slight rainfall. Baigorri continued developing a more powerful device, and on December 22, traveled to Santiago del Estero Capital, where the governor gave him a facility for the machine. After 55 hours of operation, 60 millimeters of rain fell in the capital.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]On his return to Buenos Aires, word had reached of his feats and was dubbed "the modern Jupiter" or "The Wizard of Villa Luro". He conducted interviews in several national and international media, and an American engineer even offered to buy the patent. Baigorri refused, assuring "I am Argentine and I want my invention to benefit my country".[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]He received criticisms from the head of the Directorate of Meteorology, Alfredo Galmarini, calling the invention a "parody" and "didn't [/font]trust[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] the seriousness of the inventor." Baigorri replied to the journal [/font]Crítica on[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] December 27: In response to the [/font]sensor[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] on my procedure, I will give rain to Buenos Aires on January 3, 1939.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]On the 30th of that [/font]month[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif], he had a confidential meeting with the Minister of Agriculture. After that meeting, and as a joke, bought an umbrella and sent it to the head of the Directorate of Meteorology. That same day he turned on the machine, while a crowd gathered at his home to ask "don't ruin with rain the holiday feasts. " Baigorri said he had to adjust the power of his machine to not turn the city into a stormy cyclone, and that it would rain "between the 2 and 3" of January. Finally, on the night of January 1st, some clouds formed, and at 5 am on January 2nd heavy downpour fell. This event earned the cover of major newspapers such as Crítica and Noticias Gráficas.[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]After this success, Baigorri traveled to [/font]Carhué,[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] a town suffering from a drought that had drained the lake [/font]Epecuén.​

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]On 7 and 8 February, two thunderstorms occurred that caused an overflow of the lake. After this media exposure, Baigorri continued performing his previous job until the end of 1951 when he was called by the Minister of Technical Affairs (Raul Mendé) to put back into use the rainmaking machine. In 1952 he caused rains in Caucete, San Juan (which had had eight years of drought), Cordoba (leaving the San Roque dam at a higher level than 35 meters) and in 1953 in La Pampa. However, Mendé stopped calling the engineer because he refused to reveal the basis of the functioning of his invention.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]This caused Baigorri to go into isolation, that is because he never revealed the operation of his device, in addition to stating that only he could operate it. Never again would he conduct public demonstrations, and eventually the public forgot about it.[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]He died in 1972 almost in [/font]poverty [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]and was buried in the cemetery of Chacarita. His home in Villa Luro is not preserved, nor the fate of rainmaking apparatus is known.
    [/font]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Reference:[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Baigorri_Velar[/font]
    [/font]